- 2019.05.09: More results on IAA SSEO .
- 2019.02.01: One year in orbit. All satellites in best state! Relative distances great!
- 2018.10.02: Flight results on IAC Bremen .
- S-Band down- and uplink successful.
- Info for radio amateur: Mike Rupprecht 
- 2018.02.22: Intersatellite communication successful.
- 2018.02.19: SLink has been activated. S-band downlink is next step.
- 2018.02.07: TLEs: 43186, 43187, 43188, 43189. Relative distance stable.
- 2018.02.01: Ground contact w. all four S-NET was established.
- 2018.02.01: Successful launch of four S-NET satellites with Soyuz/Fregat.
The objective of the S-Net mission is to investigate and demonstrate the inter-satellite communication technology within a distributed an autonomously operating nanosatellite network. As space born systems have become an essential element in facing global challenges such as climate change, disaster management and maritime systems monitoring, rapid response and low cost systems are in high demand.
A key technology to increase the operational efficiency of distributed satellite systems via formations or even autonomous swarms is the miniaturizing of intersatellite communication technology. In cooperation with IQ wireless GmbH, TU Berlin developed an S-band transceiver (SLink)  with 100 kbps crosslink and 1 Mbps downlink capability suitable for accommodation in nanosatellites.
|Mission Objectives||S-band inter
satellite communication with nanosatellites|
|Satellite number||4 (Norad ID:
Height||580 km SSO|
|Launch Date||2018.02.01 02:07
|Mass||8.72 kg |
|Volume||240 x 240 x 240
|Communication||UHF (TM/TC), S-band
Control||3-axis control w. MEMS sensors, magnetorquers and
(SLINK) for ISL and up/downlink Laser reflector for high precision
Short docu about mission TV1:
The mission (image video):
Encapsulation of Fregat upper stage at cosmodrome Vostochny:
Report (successful launch and first contact):
|Author||Frese, Walter and Yoon, Zizung and Briess, Klaus|
|Title of Book||Proceedings of the International Astronautical Congress (IAC)|
- Ingenieurskunst aus Berlin-Charlottenburg im All (01.02.2018) [mehr...] 
- DeSK cooperates with TU Berlin (11.10.2014) [more...] 
- Fast communication in space (15. Okt. 2012) [more...]